You Don’t Need To Kite To Stay
Our absolute beachfront cabins are the perfect place to stay when you’re exploring the Cooktown region and/or are travelling to Cape York. Only accessible at low tide, our cabins are clean, comfortable and come with everything you need for a stay in paradise.
Located on a remote beach between Cape Bedford and Cape Flattery, there’s 5 cabins which sleep a maximum of 2 people each. Placed between the coastal vegetation and waters edge, these cabins have absolute beachfront views. They’ve got thatched roofs and louvered windows and offer a combination of twin share or double accommodation. Bedding and linen is included.
Our cabins are a part of Australian Kite Surfari’s Tank Town. Amenities include hot showers and toilets, WIFI, cooking facilities and equipment, including a BBQ, fridge, eskies, cutlery and crockery. BYO food and personal supplies; the closest shops are at Hope Vale or Cooktown.
The cabins can be booked throughout the year but are pending availability during the Kite Surfari season (see dates below). It’s $160 per night, per cabin. Bookings are essential and can be made through the form on this page (scroll down) or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0412 832 392 / 0458 934 160.
Please note there is also some camping available, from time to time. It’s $35 per person per night. Camp sites very limited! Bookings essential! If needed – for those without an appropriate 4WD vehicle – we can also provide return transfers between Eddies and our base, at $40 per person. For more information, please contact us email@example.com
Everything You Need To Know
For your convenience, please find details on our camp, beachfront cabin accommodation, inclusions and what you need to bring, below.
Our Camp – Tank Town
- Has been established for 13 years
- Is located on a remote beach, which is only accessible at low tide
- Exclusive destination, only available through Australian Kite Surfari
- We produce our own freshwater and have solar power
- There’s WIFI if you want it and lots of wildlife
- Maximum 10 guests at a time
- Eco-style accommodation, with private cabins
- Shared communal facilities, including kitchen, BBQ, hot showers and toilets
Beachfront Cabin Accommodation
- Just metres from the waters edge
- Fully enclosed with louvered windows
- Cooled by the ever-present sea breeze
- Thatched roofs and comfortable furnishings
- Twin share or double beds, with linen included
- Maximum 2 people per cabin
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Use of amenities, including fridges and eskies
- Cooking equipment: BBQ, pizza oven, gas burners, char grill, spit, steamer, pots, pans and a wok
- Utensils: plates, cups, tea pot, coffee plunger, knifes and forks
What You Need To Bring
- Your own transport – only accessible at low tide
- All food, beverages and personal supplies
- Clothing, toiletries and towels
- Torch and batteries
- First Aid Kit
Our beachfront cabin accommodation can be booked throughout the year. They are pending availability during our Surfari season. Dates are provided below for your convenience.
To make a booking please complete and submit our booking form. Please note it is not confirmed, until we get back to you with confirmation. If your enquiry is urgent, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0412 832 392 / 0458 934 160.
At Australian Kite Surfari we embrace nature and sustainability. We are always expanding and improving facilities at our camp, with a constant view of ensuring low impact to people and place. Our camp is open to non-kiters who wish to enjoy our pristine patch of paradise. We look forward to hearing from you.
7 Night Dates
- May 11, 2024 - May 18, 2024
- July 13, 2024 - July 20, 2024
- August 10, 2024 - August 17, 2024
- August 24, 2024 - August 31, 2024
- October 5, 2024 - October 12, 2024
10 Night Dates
- June 8, 2024 - July 18, 2024
- September 7, 2024 - September 17, 2024