Self Drive/ Self Cater Packages
Australian Kite Surfari run Self Drive/ Self Cater Packages between full service dates all year round! These are available exclusively to kite surfers and their family. This package is basically a BYO and DIY alternative, that saves you money, whilst still delivering an amazing kiting experience.
Self-drive, self-catering adventures. By hiring your own 4WD you can explore all this region has to offer. Choose your path and make the journey your own. We can provide beach shuttle runs, tide permitting, at $40 per person return and to stay in our beachfront cabins is $160 per night. Select your own supplies and bring them with you. Please note the closest shops are at Hope Vale or Cooktown (should you need additional supplies). Please enquire about self drive dates.
We can accommodate groups from between one and 10 people. Organise your own, or we can put you in touch with others that have booked on your date, to share costs. Please note our beachfront cabins can be hired throughout the entire offseason. Contact us for more information on email@example.com
Please note there is also some camping available, from time to time. It’s $35 per person per night. Camp sites very limited! Bookings essential! If needed – for those without an appropriate 4WD vehicle – we can also provide return transfers between Eddies and our base, at $40 per person return. For more information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Wondering what to bring? What’s included? Please see below.
- Cabin accommodation
- All amenities incl: hot showers, eskies and toilet
- Cooking equipment incl: 6 Burner BBQ, pizza oven, gas burners and smoker, char grill, spit, steamer, pots, pans and wok
- Utensils incl: plates, cups / plastic cups, tea pot, coffee plunger, knives, forks etc
- Local knowledge
- Rescue boat, if necessary
* The Australian Kite Surfari destination is located on traditional grounds and alcohol restrictions apply. Please ask for more information at the time of booking.
What Do I Need
- To arrange your own transport and supplies
- Kite gear
- Ensure your kite gear is in safe working order
- Life jacket that is correctly fitted for your weight and is Australian standed
- Please let us know your ability level on arrival to our camp
- Swimwear, Beach towel / bath towel
- Toiletries (biodegradable), Sunscreen / hat / sunglasses, Insect repellent
- Clothes, including long-sleeved shirt and pants for evening
- Shoes, including covered shoes, thongs and sandals
- Torch, Camera and extra batteries
- A First Aid Kit
What To Expect
- Lots of wind
- Golden sands
- Warm water
- Total seclusion