Kite Surfari Package Details
Australian Kite Surfari operates out of Cairns, Queensland, Australia from May to October. There are a range of packages available. Prices, inclusions and details are outlined below for your convenience. Departure dates are provided on the Booking page.
4 Night / 3 day packages are optimum: providing time on the beach and time to experience the wonders of this remote, pristine natural environment.
7 Night / 8 day packages are awesome: like a 6 night package / 7 day but with late afternoon transfers (rather than mornings).
Exclusive 10 night Hardcore Package : All the same action and adventure, but with a mid-week break exploring the tropical rainforest, its creeks and waterfalls.
|7 night share||$2,550|
|7 night single||$2,900|
|5 night share||$1,550|
|5 night single||$1,950|
|4 night share||$1,350|
|4 night single||$1,750|
Itinerary and group size is flexible. Personalise your Kite Surfari to suit your needs. Groups can be from between one and 10 people.
Inclusions & What You Need To Know
Please note Australian Kite Surfari is pleased to offer a weekly payment plan for all Surfari adventures. Enquire now how you can pay off your surfari adventure! Wondering what to bring? What’s included? Please see below.
- Pick-ups, drops-offs and transfers to your exclusive Australian Kite Surfari location
- All meals and drinks (non-alcoholic* – see italics below for more info)
- All amenities incl: hot showers, eskies, fridge and toilet
- Cabin accommodation
- Fishing rods
* The Australian Kite Surfari destination is located on traditional grounds and alcohol restrictions apply. Please ask for more information at the time of booking.
Fly to and from Cairns to Cooktown with Hinterland Aviation. They have scheduled flights every day of the week. If you choose this option, leave your gear in Cairns (we’ll pick it up for you) and enjoy some chill time in Cooktown. We’ll collect you from this historic seaport at 5.30pm, tide dependant. There’s even a courtesy bus operating between Cooktown airport and the Sovereign Hotel.
Other optional extras include Kite Hire, as per below.
- 1 Full Day Kite Hire+ $120 – One Full Set
- Half Day Kite Hire+ $60 – One Full Set
+Kite hire must be organized before departure, to ensure availability. Kite hire is only available for experienced kite surfers.
What Do I Need
- Kite gear
- Kite repair kit
- Ensure your kite gear is in safe working order
- Life jacket that is correctly fitted for your weight and is Australian standed
- Please let us know your ability level on arrival to our camp
- Refillable water bottle
- Swimwear, Beach towel / bath towel
- Toiletries (biodegradable), Sunscreen / hat / sunglasses, Insect repellent
- Clothes, including long-sleeved shirt and pants for evening
- Shoes, including covered shoes, thongs and sandals
- Torch, Camera and extra batteries
- A First Aid Kit
What To Expect
- Lots of wind
- Golden sands
- Warm water
- Total seclusion
A Typical Day at Camp
Wake up, see a beautiful sunrise from my bed. Check out the wind while enjoying my coffee. Yes, winds up. Finish that coffee and pump up the kite!
2 hours later: I’m buggered. Time for a rest. Hmmmm, what do I smell? The big breakfast is ready! Bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, topped with a freshly made juice. That will get me going again. Do you think I would burp too much while attempting a back roll right after having eaten so much? Maybe better digest for half an hour.
On the water again. How nice to have so much space to practise new tricks (and crashes) without getting in the way of the other guests. Tide is getting a bit low. I need a break anyway. Also lunch is ready. Spicy beef salad. Yummy! I’m ready for an afternoon nap.
All right, energy back so let’s go again. Yes!!! My jumps are definitely getting higher. Still need to work on those landings. How cool, kiting at sunset! Well, that’s it for the day; my muscles need a nice hot shower. Maybe have a massage?
Aaaah, a few nibbles and a cold drink before dinner. I could eat a horse, so that roast is welcome. Chatting to the others and getting a few tips for landing. Will dream about it tonight and test it out tomorrow.