Kitesurfing Adventure Tours from Cairns and Port Douglas
Do you want to go to a place where the wind always blows, the waters are warm and clear and the beach is your own?
Australian Kite Surfari will take you there! Our exclusive location is on traditional Aboriginal grounds, north of Cooktown. Australian Kite Surfari is the only one with special permission to take tours there.
Strong, constant trade winds off Cape Flattery, Queensland mean these Surfaris are ideal for experienced kiters. With only a handful of non kiteable days in our season, it’s not surprising we have become the kite destination of choice for so many kiters.
Here at Australian Kite Surfari we don’t just advertise adventure, we live it. Our cabins are only meters from the water’s edge, so you are never far from the action. Access to our camp is at low tide, as the tide comes in we are cut off from the rest of the world. No crowds, just consistently strong trade winds, warm water and a group of like-minded people surrounded by nature.
No one else can take you up from Cairns and Port Douglas, to this ideal, secret kitesurfing spot. We have kilometres of flat water lagoons, that are only waist deep, with soft silica sand (not coral) so it’s not hard on your feet or your gear.
If you have a kitemare you can walk to shore, but we also have a support boat at the ready if needed. You can just chill in a hammock and take in the beauty of our location. Be as busy, or relaxed, as you like.
Australian Kite Surfari’s expeditions bring you the best of the Australian outback, wilderness, rainforest and of course … the wind! There’s lots of tours to choose from (check out our packages page), including the all new BYO / DIY Surfari Budget Buster Package. You can expect: lots of wind, adventure, nature, golden sands, warm water and the ocean to yourself.
The very best of the Australian outback, wilderness, rainforest and of course … the wind!
Let Australian Kite Surfari take you to a place where the wind always blows. Over 50 years of wind data can’t be wrong. Check out the wind stats and be amazed at the average wind strengths and constant direction that guarantees the perfect kite surfing elements. Australia’s most consistent trade winds blast across the Coral Sea and provide world class conditions.
At Australian Kite Surfari, we don’t just advertise adventure, we live it. We run a regular season of kite surfari adventure holidays, ranging in duration from 4 days to 8 days, which often book out well in advance. We’ve even introduced a new Surfari Budget Buster package, which is a DIY and BYO option; it’s available throughout the season (May to October) excluding our ‘usual’ surfari dates. The 2017 season dates are as follows. Please note: Our beachfront cabins can be hired throughout the entire offseason and can accommodate up to 10 guests. Contact us for more information on email@example.com
Three Night Dates
- September 28, 2018 - October 1, 2018
Four Night Dates
- April 19, 2019 - April 23, 2019
- May 4, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- July 15, 2019 - July 19, 2019
Five Night Dates
- July 24, 2018 - July 29, 2018
- May 18, 2019 - May 23, 2019
- August 13, 2019 - August 18, 2019
Seven Night Dates
- August 1, 2018 - August 8, 2018
- August 12, 2018 - August 19, 2018
- August 22, 2018 - August 29, 2018
- September 1, 2018 - September 8, 2018
- September 15, 2018 - September 22, 2018
- October 13, 2018 - October 20, 2018
- May 25, 2019 - June 1, 2019
- June 8, 2019 - June 15, 2019
- June 22, 2019 - June 29, 2019
- July 6, 2019 - July 13, 2019
- July 21, 2019 - July 28, 2019
- August 3, 2019 - August 10, 2019
- August 24, 2019 - August 31, 2019
- September 2, 2019 - September 9, 2019
- September 21, 2019 - September 28, 2019
- October 5, 2019 - October 12, 2019