The Camp – Tank Town
The mighty shire of Tank Town occupies that magic space between coastal scrub and waters edge. You’ll find us on an isolated beach between Cape Bedford and Cape Flattery, where there’s no crowds, just consistently strong winds and warm waters.
Australian Kite Surfari has been running these tours for over eight (8) years. During this time, the Australian Kite Surfari camp has evolved to become a permanent, off the grid, self-sustaining environment.
What started as tents on the beach has become its very own Tank Town community. Holding steadfast against the impacts of nature (yes, we’re talking cyclones), our camp is designed to harness and embrace the power of the natural elements.
Tank Town provides guests with comfortable eco-style cabin accommodation, which are furnished to provide a more luxurious kiting holiday. What can you expect? Enclosed cabins with thatched roof, louvered windows with absolute beachfront views, comfortable beds, rugs and even artwork. The cabins offer a combination of double and twin share accommodation and are solar-powered, providing an all-weather retreat for our guests.
- Every day is an adventure and there’s no better way to start, than with a flat water, sunrise session!
- The cabin accommodation provides all weather protection and comfortable beds, with louvered windows providing beach views. The wind blows you to sleep.
- There’s everything we need to deliver a premium kitesurfing holiday from eskies to fridges, cook pots, fishing rods, sand surfing boards, furnished cabins and toilet facilities.
- What to do at low tide? Take the kite buggy for a blast! Last year’s top speed on GPS still stands at 76 KPH. That’s very fast with no brakes and only the wind to power you.
- What is more fun than a kite buggy? Two kite buggys!! We’ve got them here for you to use.
- At the end of the day, enjoy a hot or cold shower and kick back in front of a beach bonfire.
- Dinner will recharge your tanks and could be fresh fish, prawns or even a roast meal.
- At night it’s nice to just kick back and check out the stars up here.
Check-in to Tank Town
At Australian Kite Surfari we’re all about delivering the ultimate kitesurfing adventure holiday. We’re constantly making renovations and improvements to Tank Town, to give our guests a premium eco-experience. We’re getting busier, but our camp is not getting bigger, so it’s essential you get in early to secure your place at Tank Town for your kite surfari. For more information contact Ant or Paulette today.